My children are my compass. I honestly can say since their arrival into this world all of my decisions have been based on providing or at least thinking I'm providing, all I can for them. Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about being more deliberate in my decisions. I want to be less impulsive, even if I know the decision I am making is the right one to make. Want to know something? Despite thinking about going to grad school for well over 10 years, I actually made the decision to go in one day. A week later I applied. Three or four weeks later I was in classes. It the right decision, but I've spent a lot of time in front of a computer for the past two years and I will for one more while I work on my thesis. It's been tough on all of them. My husband clearly didn't know what he was getting into by showing unflinching support. I'm sure he's more than overwhelmed cooking, cleaning and carrying the load while I study. My kids have been so supportive, but when they ask me to go watch a movie or do something and I can't... I see the disappointment in their eyes. Still, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. The school will be done soon and mom will have her masters. Continuing education is important for people as we age in the workforce. It just is. So, I hope my family realizes that even though all the work I'm putting in school has taken away from some of their time, they are the reason why I am doing it. I appreciate their support and love... and believe they are the compass that is leading me in the right direction.

2 comments:
Love this JoDee. The end is in sight!
I just got approved for my thesis research. So now get that last paper done and then finish line!!
Post a Comment