I have quite a few colleagues who put a smile on my face- one who I really enjoy is a man I've been working with for 8-years... Central New York Morning Reporter Brad Vivacqua. Brad actually started with YNN (formerly News 10 Now) as a substitute for a reporter who went on Military service. Taking a leap of faith he threw himself into his job- and he quickly became an important, permanent part of our team. When I say he has a sweet nature- I'm not exaggerating! Even in the most frustrating circumstance (technical problems could cause this) Brad just takes a deep breath and can smile and continue on. Possessing this quality when you get up in the middle of the night for work- is so welcomed and admired!
His favorite part of his job is the fact that it changes everyday. He likes the suspense of the day- because you never know what your story will be. He also enjoys being creative and he says it makes it a fun and exciting job.
His least favorite part of the job is standing in sub zero temperatures during winter weather coverage. As our Morning Reporter in Central New York- this means he can be stationed anywhere from the Southern Tier--- all the way up to Potsdam! Ohhhh- and Oswego with it's lovely lake effect snow is the equalizer. I have to admit I giggle every time I see any reporter out in the elements because it reminds me of my time as a Reporter in Anchorage Alaska- and I relate and thank goodness I'm not out there. Brad just laughs it off- because he knows I can relate in a very special way. Despite not liking the snow- he knows how important snow coverage is to our viewers and he says it's well worth being out there if we can provide the best coverage.Brad's a HUGE sports fan who has loved SU and remembers going to games with his dad when he was little. He says it's a dream come true to follow SU as a reporter to big games and in the NCAA.
Brad is always looking for a great news story and truly understands the great responsibility put upon his shoulders when people trust him to tell his story. If you have any story ideas please reach out to Brad at Brad.Vivacqua@ynn.com and be sure to tune in to see him on tv in Central New York weekday mornings. You can also follow Brad's travels by finding him HERE or HERE.


2 comments:
Nice interview. He is so genuine. Loves Italian cookies..wish he had some of Nana's
bet he'd be happy....remembering his mom's the best.
Yes- as Nana would say "He's a good Italian boy" :-)
Post a Comment