Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Host


I have to admit- I'm surprised how much I like this trailer. If you're a fan of Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight saga- you were likely depressed and craving more of her writing after the vampire series. If that was the case you were like me and you picked up her other book "The Host". I had a hard time getting through that book. I read it all. I can't say I loved it. I can't say I hated it. I was just like "smsh" about it.

I knew with the hit of Twilight it was just a matter of time that The Host would hit the big screen. Well it's set to hit theaters March 29th and this is their latest trailer. WOW. It looks pretty good. No small budget actors here and it is a big movie. I can't wait.

Saoirse Ronan ("The Lovely Bones") plays Melanie and Max Irons ("Dorian Gray") are the main characters who are the last few humans on earth. Aliens take over bodies but the small resistance of humans is fighting back. Then when Melanie's body gets taken over she fights a battle within her body to take it back and he fights to get her back as well. It's complicated to explain. Perhaps that's why it was difficult for me to follow as a reader.  

This totally plays to Meyer's fan base. Romance, urgency, action... and as adults we are looking forward to seeing a little more than just a peck on the cheek! hehe

Take a look at the trailer- tell me what do you think? Interested in seeing it? I am!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It reminds me of her style...young love story where the couple is kept apart by some superhuman issue. I can see it tapping into her fan base.