Friday, December 28, 2012

Print Book VS E-Reader

I've had an E-reader for a year now and I can say I do enjoy it but I still love having a regular book. I tend to buy E-reader books when I don't think I will want to keep the literature. I know that doesn't make any sense. The E-reader will always house my purchase, but there's something about having a real print book for a book I hope to read again or a classic.

I was actually surprised to learn though that the number of traditional book readers is on the decline in such a significant way! The Pew Research Institute studied book worms and found the number of book readers declined from 72% to 67% in just one year! The number of E-readers increased from 16% to 23%.

I love that libraries are embracing this technology. I really got excited about it when I initially got my E-reader- but I admit- I have yet to check out an E-reader selection from my local library. I can't figure out the technology! Technology- love it or hate it?

No comments: