Monday, October 22, 2012

I Shouldn't Be Telling You This

This morning I had the honor of interviewing the wildly popular former Editor of Cosmo Magazine Kate White. After 15 years at the top of the publishing world Kate decided to leave her post and pursue her passion to be a Motivational Speaker and Author. This Gutsy Girl has written a new book called "I Shouldn't Be Telling You This" and I highly recommend it to all women (in particular- but not limited to them) no matter where you are in your career. It is a career advice book chock full of tips that will help you achieve your full potential in the workplace. Get the hardback copy- you will want to highlight and take notes on key pieces of advice.

I started reading Kate's book at just the time when I needed some career inspiration and I knew right away that if she was going to be anywhere on the east coast- I would travel to see her talk. Turns out she is going to be here in Albany speaking at the "Bold In Business" seminar later this week! With that in mind I contacted her publicist and said I wanted to interview her and promote the event, her new book and her in general. Huge fan here!

My Senior Producer helped to schedule her to show up to our sister station NY1 in New York City and we would interview her remotely. The technical behind the scenes went smooth as butter and the interview was even better! She talked about why she is sharing all these wonderful trade secrets, the importance of women asking for more responsibilities to get noticed and the difference between your job and your career. She also touched on the goal of "Go Big Or Go Home". That's what I did by reaching out to her people and asking for an interview!

I had the opportunity to chat with Kate while she was getting comfortable on the set and I just have to say she was so wonderful.  She has a great personality and even made sure to remember my name- which I tell you I interview a lot of people and know she is interviewed by even more- so it stuck out to me. I just love that she has written a book about how women can get ahead. I love that she is using her experience to lift other women up to greatness.

We have just learned that the "Bold In Business" conference in Albany is now sold out! Buuuuut, I plan to be there later in this week. So, keep it right here. I will be blogging from there and I hope to be able to do an I-Phone interview with Kate.

If you'd like to see the interview click HERE.

Today was a great day on the job! Love it!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

So happy for you that you got to interview her. I know you've loved reading her book!!